The Beekmantown Central School District has an opening for an individual willing to volunteer their service for a seat on the Board of Education until May 21, 2019.
Interested individuals should submit a written response to the question “Why you are interested in serving on the Board of Education?” to Joanne Menard, District Clerk by March 8, 2019 by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Beekmantown Central School District, 37 Eagle Way, West Chazy, NY 12992.
It is anticipated a candidate may be appointed by the majority vote of the Board of Education on March 26, 2019. Candidates may be asked to attend this meeting.
Qualifications for Member of the Board of Education
• Must be able to read and write.
• Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
•Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year.
• May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
• May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
•May not be a current employee of the school board.
• May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Please share with any family member or friend that you feel may be interested in serving in such a capacity for the betterment of the district.