On Friday, May 1, 2020, Governor Andrew Cuomo issued Executive Order No. 202.26 which modifies the rule under which school districts are to conduct the 2020 annual meeting for the election of school board members and budget votes.
School board elections and budget votes will now take place on Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
Manner of Voting
Qualified voters will vote only by absentee ballots. School districts will send out an absentee ballot to all qualified voters, with a postage paid return envelope. Please note the district office is closed to the public.
Absentee ballots must be returned to the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9, 2020. Please note the district office is closed to the public.
No signatures are required on Nominating Petitions. Nominating petitions must be emailed to the District Clerk email@example.com or sent via US mail to Joanne Menard, District Clerk, 37 Eagle Way, West Chazy, NY 12992 by Monday, May 11, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
Eligibility to run for Member of the Board of Education
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Notice of Vacancies
Number of Seats Available: Three
- Term: Three Expired Three-Year Terms from 7/1/2020 - 6/30/2023
- Seats currently held by: Douglas Beebe, Nicole Poupore & Pauline Stone
The Board of Education has ongoing registration. Qualified voters can use the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Electronic Voter Registration Application to register to vote or to update the information they have on file with the New York State Board of Elections. Information regarding that can be located at https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application. The District does not have control over the Department of Motor Vehicles Registration Application process or its registration timelines. Therefore, qualified voters who intend to register through the Department of Motor Vehicles should do so as soon as possible. Due to COVID-19, the district is not doing personal registration.