Board of Education
It is the mission of the Beekmantown Central School District and its community to educate every individual to be a quality contributor to society and self.
Organization & Membership of the Board of Education
A nine (9) member Board is elected with no salary to govern the District. A three (3) year term of office begins on July 1st. At the July Reorganizational Meeting, the Board of Education elects a president and vice-president to serve for a one-year term.
The Board of Education is the official policy-making body of the Beekmantown Central School District. Responsibilties include:
- Adopting policies for the operation of the District
- Determing educational standards and goals
- Hiring the Superintendent of Schools
- Authorizing the appointment of faculty, staff members, and other personnel actions
- Overseeing, authorizing, and approving financial matters including the annual school budget for public vote
- Representing the community educational matters
- Communicating the District's educational program and needs of the community
Board of Education Meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month normally beginning at 6:15 pm in the Learning Theater (LGI). The public is always encouraged to attend.