Mission & Vision
The mission of the district and its community is to educate every individual to be a quality contributor to society and self.
The district shall assist each student to become the following:
1. Responsible Citizen
- Participates in self-improvement and in improving the quality of life of local and global communities.
- Exhibits values which include honesty, loyalty, trust, respect and tolerance.
- Exhibits an understanding of social, cultural, political, environmental and economic issues.
2. Self-Directed Learner
- Assumes responsibility for and appreciates learning.
- Sets goals, strives towards and modifies goals as needed.
- Uses informational resources effectively.
3. Effective Communicator
- Utilizes language and the arts to speak, listen, read and write clearly and effectively.
- Recognizes and uses nonverbal indicators to appropriately act and react.
4. Complex Thinker
- Demonstrates creativity, curiosity, insight, and flexibility in making and defending decisions.
- Effectively assesses, evaluates and interprets information for a variety of resources.
- Uses a wide variety of thinking processes with accuracy to resolve complex issues.
5. Health-Conscious Individual
Practices and maintains physical well being through fitness, hygiene, safety, self-discipline, pride and appearance.
Achieves and maintains emotional well being and self-confidence through self-reliance, humor, self-esteem and a positive attitude.
6. Collaborative Worker
- Cooperates and works effectively with people toward a common goal.
- Listens to and respects the ideas and opinions of others.
- Maintains individual characteristics while still being an integral part of the group.